Centre for Partnership
We are a programme offering paid placements in housing, communities and the built environment across Scotland, Northern Ireland and England.
We are a programme offering paid placements in housing, communities and the built environment across Northern Ireland, Scotland and England. We have four roles this year with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
The GEM Programme works on the principle of a blended learning approach to development, which includes a 12 month traineeship, professional body membership and a qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing, Personal and Leadership development, and one to one mentoring. The placements are varied (from frontline housing management and community relations to leasehold management, policy and business improvement). We ask that applicants have a degree in any discipline and we have a set of values and attributes that we look for.
- A strong belief in Social Justice acknowledging that the world isn’t a level playing field for all
- Both Societal and Interpersonal Empathy
- Professionalism and Respect for others at all times recognising that they represent their employer and the GEM Programme
- Use of Critical Thinking to analyse and evaluate issues before judging
- Strong Personal Organisation skills to counter balance the workload
- Use of Initiative both within and outside of the workplace
- Being able to take Ownership of work and responsibilities
- The ability to develop Emotional Intelligence and Resilience to build effective relationships and overcome adversity