A chance to recognise and celebrate Belfast's Older Volunteers
With age comes experience, skills and patience, and older people are using these to benefit a variety of worthy causes and organisations across Belfast. Here's a chance to recognise and celebrate the difference older volunteers make to your organisation.
Is your organisation looking for an opportunity to recognise and celebrate its older volunteers? Then here’s something for you.
Belfast City Council is offering community, voluntary sector and charitable organisations the opportunity to celebrate the contribution of their older volunteers through the Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards.
The Awards open on Monday 11 September and the nomination period will run until Friday 20 October. This is a chance for groups and organisations across the city to shine a light on their older volunteers and highlight the difference they make.
This year the categories are
- Older Volunteer of the Year: recognising an individual volunteer who has made a real impact on or difference to your group or organisation’s work over the last year, October 2016 to September 2017.
- Marie Mathews Participation Award: this award recognises a volunteer who embodies the true spirit of volunteering.
- Take 5 Active Ageing: this award recognises a volunteer who is involved in a project which improves health. This can be physical, mental or emotional health.
- Arts and Culture: recognising a volunteer who makes a difference through the arts, cultural or creative projects.
- Team or group: this award celebrates 2 or more volunteers who are involved in the same project, programme or service within an organisation. Through working together this team or group has made a positive impact on your group or organisation, service users or other volunteers or staff.
To be eligible for nomination volunteers must be aged 60 or over by the close of nominations.
Supported by Volunteer Now and Belfast 89 FM, the Older Volunteer Awards are a opportunity to recognise and celebrate the impact of older volunteers on life in the city.
Nomination forms and guidance notes are available at www.belfastcity.gov.uk/volunteering. The deadline for nominations is Friday 20 October. For more information or a nomination form call 028 9032 0202 ext 3775 or e mail [email protected]