Volunteer: Dementia Friendly Community Champion NI, Dungannon
This role will suit you if you are…
Previous experience in the delivery of presentations and group facilitation is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided. The role may be ideal for you if:
· You wish to develop your own understanding of dementia and the impact it can have
· You have developed verbal and non verbal communication skills and listening skills
· Are willing to engage in training in facilitation skills and peer support
· You can show empathy, patience, consideration and a caring nature
· You are comfortable in attending future development and support meetings.
The impact you’ll make...
The Dementia Friendly Community Champion role is essential to creating dementia friendly communities across Northern Ireland.
Delivering interactive dementia awareness workshops
· Delivering targeted dementia information sessions within your local community, networking at relevant events, gatherings and groups
· Raising the profile of Dementia Friendly Community Programme through posters, leaflet distribution, social and mass media
· Supporting local campaigning activity which champions the rights of people affected by dementia
Volunteers are good at adapting to local need. So this role description highlights the kind of activity you may be involved with. Any local variations will be discussed separately as part of the recruitment process.