Temporary Residential Care Worker
This post provides an opportunity for someone with passion and commitment to work in a progressive organisation and help us achieve our vision – a world where everyone can love later life.
Temporary Residential Care Worker (maternity cover)
Hours: 39 hours
Salary for this post is: £7.83 per hour – rising to £8.21 on 1 April 2019.
The main purpose of the care worker roles is to provide a flexible and individualistic personal care service to residents appropriate to their physical, emotional and social care needs
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To carry out personal care tasks such as assisting residents with bathing, mobility needs, rising/retiring, toileting and feeding as determined by agreed individual care-plans
- To assist residents where possible to sustain maximum independence by encouraging them to work with you in the carrying out of domestic tasks such as bed making, tidying of bedrooms and meal time tasks
- To administer medication to residents under the supervision of Management Staff
- To work with residents on an individual or group basis encouraging their participation in social, therapeutic and stimulating activities such as reminiscence work, reading, outings
- To maintain high standards of care in working with older people with dementia in order that they may achieve their optimum level of personal functioning
- To assist with the formulation and review of care plans, maintain written records and other information as required
- To undertake as required appropriate courses of training
- To work flexible hours on a seven day rota basis which may include night service.
Applicants must have:
- Proven paid experience of working with older people with dementia in a residential, community or hospital setting
- NVQ II in Direct Care or equivalent [desirable]
- Applicants will be subject to an enhanced Access NI disclosure and all care staff must be registered with NISCC.
If you would like an application pack for this post, please email [email protected] or telephone the People & Development team on 028 9024 5729.
Closing date is Tuesday 29 January 2019 at 4pm.
Age NI is committed to providing Equal Opportunities to everyone.