Family Support Volunteer
If you are reading this, you must be curious about volunteering and what it entails. If you are aged 22 or over, have 3-4 hours free per week for at least one year and care about the work we do, then this could be for you.
Becoming a TinyLife Volunteer is a very rewarding and life-enhancing experience. We are committed to ensuring everyone who volunteers with TinyLife enjoys their experience. As a volunteer you will make a real difference to the lives of many families. You will learn new skills, make new friends, have a sense of achievement and become part of the TinyLife team. However, it does require a huge commitment and not just in terms of hours.
If you can tick all the boxes below, we would welcome your application to become a TinyLife Support Volunteer:
· You must be 22 years old or over at commencement of training □
· Have a genuine interest in nurturing children and supporting families □
· Undergo an Enhanced NI Check □
· Be able to provide 2 independent referees who will ascertain your suitability to the role (not relatives or friends) □
· Be willing to have an informal interview with a member of the Family Support Team □
· Be willing to participate in our 2-day training programme and complete all stages of the recruitment process □
· Be able to support a family at home, once per week for a morning or afternoon (Mon – Fri 9 -5pm) for at least 1-year commitment □
· Be medically fit to meet the demands of looking after young children □
· Be able to comply with all TinyLife policies including Child Protection, Lone Worker, Equality, Confidentiality and Health and Safety. □
We have a real need for volunteers in the following areas; London/Derry, Strabane, Newry, Banbridge, Lurgan and Dungannon.