Early Years Project Manager - Newtownbreda, Belfast
Are you passionate about Early Years development? Would you like to be a part of a unique learning environment for children with a learning disability? Are you ready to take that next step in your career ladder of success?
If you have just answered yes, then we could have the perfect career move for you!
Due to the ongoing success of our Children& Early Years Centre in Belfast, a truly exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Early Years Manager to join Mencap NI in our mission to change the lives of people with a learning disability in a positive way.
We have recently agreed a new strategy, “Our Big Plan” and within this have a focus on early years support for children with a learning disability and their families. Northern Ireland currently holds the organisational lead for our early year’s priority.
Working in a joint partnership with Belfast Health and Social Care, our Children’s Centre creates a unique learning environment that provides a programme of early care and education for 52, 2 – 3 year olds with significant developmental delay.
The successful Early Years Manager will have responsibility for ensuring the effective operational management of this programme and lead on the development of services for young children with a learning disability. You will be required work closely with and develop excellent working relationships with the health professional’s team based at Mencap Centre. You will manage Mencap staff and coordinate with partners and stakeholders involved in the delivery of early years’ projects.
Some of the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing budgets, resources and outcomes, ensuring the outcomes and learning from early year’s projects are shared across the organisation.
- Working with the Programme Manager for Early Years Family Support to ensure co-ordination across the early years and early intervention programme of work.
- Working collaboratively with teams, including the health professional’s team based in our Mencap Centre and across the organisation to provide operational expertise on delivering projects for young children.
* Please refer to the attached job description for more detailed information on the above *
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who has a passion for making a real difference to the lives of people with a learning disability. You will be someone who can take responsibility for the quality of the services whist working effectively with a range of people both internally and externally.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues. The EarlyYeas Manager will be robust with the ability to influence, inspire, motivate and instil confidence in others.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Extensive experience working with children and families is essential to be considered for this post
- Direct experience of managing within an early years’ service for young children
- Experience of managing budgets
- Knowledge and experience of children with a learning disability would be advantageous
- A Project Management qualification would be desirable
- Ideally qualified to a degree level or equivalent
- Ability to build strong, on-going relationships with stakeholders is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great overall IT skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite.
In addition to the things above, at Mencap we expect our employees to:
- be positive about working for Mencap and to demonstrate this to all the people they come into contact with
- work well with all of their colleagues
- take responsibility for their own development
This is a varied role where what you do will make a difference to a child’s life and future. If you are passionate about what Mencap NI do and want to be a part of our future, then we want to hear from you!
Please click the “Apply” button to submit your application today, please ensure you provide a fully up-to-date CV along with a covering letter to be considered for this role… Good Luck!
JOB ID: 15657
Mencap Recruitment Team
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
Strong leadership is key to the success of our services. We have developed an exciting leadership approach at Mencap that we call Our Leadership Way. We want to recruit leaders who can demonstrate they have the potential to excel within this framework. In return, we are committed to developing your potential even further.
Our Chief Executive, Jan Tregelles, has this to say about Our Leadership Way
“Through your leadership, you have influence over whether someone’s day at work is interesting and inspiring or,conversely, boring and indifferent. Your actions (or inaction) can develop someone into an asset for Mencap and the people we support or a liability. Your leadership can challenge the powerful people or systems that get in the way of people having fair chances, or it can shy away from confrontation. Leadership is powerful–for good and worse, and that’s why this is so important.
We are all here for the same reason–to change the lives of people with a learning disability.
Our big plan sets out exactly how we are going to do this. But if we’re going to succeed, we need strong leaders. For more information, please see the attached document which provides an overview of Our Leadership Way.”
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract