- Assist the youth development worker as directed.
- Implement and evaluate youth participation projects as directed.
- Focus on the personal and social development of young people using various creative arts and diverse programme methods.
- Facilitate youth leadership development through the youth committee and leaders/peer educators.
- Promote the youth programme and all its projects.
- Carry our street work and detached work as directed.
- Mentor young people and empower them to address their issues.
- Assist with the recruitment of young people to the programme.
- Facilitate workshops with participants on relevant issues.
- Respond to the specific needs of young people as they arise.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the programme on regular basis.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety, risk assessment, incident and accidents reporting systems.
- Submit and discuss with line manager quarterly and annual progress reports which reflect the objectives of the project.
1 To work as an active and integral part of the REACT team
2 To work with other staff on issues relating to REACT when appropriate to the effective delivery of the organisation’s strategic plan
3 To undertake such other duties as shall be reasonably required from time to time.
A Have an OCN level 2 qualification in youth work or equivalent with a minimum of two years experience working with young people in a variety of youth work settings
B Demonstrate knowledge of issues affecting young people, particularly those marginalised and isolated.
C Have experience of youth work with marginalised young people.
D Have experience of programme delivery.
E Have excellent inter-personal and group working skills.
F Have highly effective and competent communication skills.
G Have excellent organisational skills.
H Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative
I Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team.
J Be available to work evenings and weekends.
K Be able to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
Application forms can be obtained by emailed [email protected] or telephoning 02837526869.
Applications are to be posted to:
2 Mallview Terrace
REACT promotges equal opportunities.
Accepted as a chairty by HM Revenue & Customs. Reference XR33610
Registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC 104972