Youth Education Coordinator
Contract type: Permanent
Salary GBP 20949
About the role
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will be accountablefor providing education (first aid, reduction of stigmatising behaviour &conflict) to targeted risk audience groups and individuals identified with anincreased risk of an identified crisis and develop community relationships/partnerships to support this approach. The work will focus on developinglearner confidence and willingness to act in a crisis. This post is linemanaged by the Crisis Education Manager, and will line manage volunteers.
About the organisation
We are a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people incrisis, whoever and wherever they are. We enable vulnerable people at home andoverseas to prepare for and respond to emergencies in their own communities.And when the crisis is over, we help people recover and move on with theirlives
About the team
For those with an increased risk of experiencing a crisis, and to developindividual and community resilience, our education offer will ensure all thosereached are better equipped to understand, cope and take action. Our education team delivers vital skills thathelp people cope with and take action in a crisis. Our vision is a world whereeveryone gets the help they need in a crisis. Education offers a way to secure the help of others in achieving ourvision. As part of this we want everyonein the UK to have the opportunity to learn first aid/education, and identifiedrisk groups to have the skills and confidence to be able to cope in a crisis,so they can help themselves and others.
About the Person
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will also completethe following dutie:
- Work with the CrisisEducation Manager to plan, develop and deliver the crisis education offer. Towork collaboratively with the crisis education support centre, as directed bythe Crisis Education Manager.
- Support and implement thecrisis education day to day operations, to ensure there is an effective andefficient dynamic education offer and business process.
- To manage, develop andmaintain local education partnerships, networks and relationships with schoolsand other formal/ informal educational organisations.
- To recruit, train,develop and manage a team of volunteers responsible for facilitating crisiseducation.
- To support theimplementation of the education quality framework to ensure the appropriatelevel of assessment, evaluation and monitoring is in place.
- To support thedevelopment of the Crisis Education team and resources, through shared learningand input into working groups/research.
- Work alongside theEducation Mangers to provide a consistent communication in the development ofinternal and external partnerships.
- Support local andnational education teams to achieve an efficient and effective operationaldelivery.
- To attend Area andNational meetings/ training courses, to adhere to national standards and asdirected by the Crisis Education Manager.
- Implement and develop thehighest standard of customer service and relationship management to internaland external customers and stakeholders.
Closing date for applications is 23:59, 13thJan 2017.
We offer a wide range ofstaff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
Should you have anyquestions on this role please email us at [email protected] or call us on 0300 004 0554 quoting reference REQ0000012OB
The British RedCross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. Weencourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity ofbackgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minoritycandidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need torespond to people in crisis.
As part of itsrecruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS(Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly workwith or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross,incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England andWales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Refusing to ignore people in crisis
Youth Education Coordinator- Belfast
Closing date:13 Jan 2017
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will be accountable for providing education (first aid, reduction of stigmatising behaviour &conflict) to targeted risk audience groups
Added byShannon Bunting
on4 Jan 2017
Closing date:13 Jan 2017
35 hours per week
Sydenham Business Park