“At MACS young people are at the heart of what we do. We encourage an interdependent way of living. We see the value in making mistakes. We actively encourage personal and professional development so that our young people and staff can reach their fullest potential”.
Interdependence: MACS recognize that as social creatures, we cannot exist totally independently from others.
Personal Growth and Development: We invest in our staff and young people, challenge their thinking and encourage training to increase skills and knowledge.
Risk Taking and Making Mistakes: Our ethos and belief is that it is OK to make mistakes and by examining what went wrong, we can improve and use the learning.
Self Determination and Autonomy: MACS employ experienced and skilled staff that we trust to make appropriate decisions to work effectively and safely with our young people.
Judging Others: MACS recognizes that judgements are natural, however we ensure that ours are examined and explored in a way that results in a positive outcome for all.
Communication: We have a friendly, relaxed, engaging and warm attitude that fosters positive communication between young people and the organization as a whole.
Trust and Integrity: We earn trust from young people and other professionals by consistently delivering top quality services, underpinned by a core value of trust and integrity.
Involving yourself: MACS welcomes input from all staff and young people and encourages participation in having your say and embracing new opportunities.
How we do things around here..
- No dress code
- You must take a lunch break
- We all eat together when we can
- There is no deference towards managers, we are all equally important in carrying out the work
- We get to know each other
- There are no set times for breaks, as long as you get the work done
- Come up with ideas and we will try to see if they can be implemented
- Make your space your own
- Have a laugh
Attractive Terms and Conditions!
At MACS we value staff work life balance. We offer many Flexible Working Options, Family Friendly Work Arrangements, 30 day + stats leave entitlement, competitive Maternity Leave and Sick Pay Package.
We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
These are just some of the many benefits of working with MACS!
We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and 2016. We have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Silver Awards!
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR BELFAST – FULL TIME, PERMANENT
As Administrator you will be part of the HR and Administration team and have responsibility for the management of all administrative and support functions of MACS. This means taking responsibility for organising and co-coordinating administrative activities to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency. It is essential you have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and an excellent working knowledge of ICT Systems.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POST HOLDER:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of Administration
- Educated to GCSE level (grades A-C) to include Mathematics and English language (or equivalent)
- Computer literate with experience of using a variety of software, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point and Publisher
- Able to demonstrate excellent written skills
- Excellent IT Skills with experience of maintaining and managing ICT equipment, facilities and systems
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To make your own decisions and work under pressure
- To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
- To work within the ethos, culture and values of MACS
- Hours of Employment: 35 Hours per week
Salary: £17,425 per annum and pension at 4% of salary
Closing Date: Thursday 06th April 2017 at 09.30am
To obtain an Application Pack please: See attached Application Form and Job Description or alternatively email [email protected] for more information.