Position: Sessional Counsellor
Reports to: Links Counselling Service Manager
Rate of pay: Minimum £15 per session plus supervision expenses and mileage costs
To work as part of the Links Counselling Team providing counselling or psychotherapeutic support in line with organisational need and individual skill sets. This will involve working within a community setting which maintains a christian ethos.
- To contribute to the work of Links Counselling Service in the daily delivery of safe and confidential counselling services.
- To implement the organisation’s systems, policies and procedures for service delivery.
Therapeutic Service Delivery
▪ To assess the needs of clients and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions to meet these needs, primarily through one-to one counselling.
▪ To manage risk and safeguarding issues in accordance with appropriate legal and ethical requirements.
▪ To maintain records in accordance with recording procedures.
▪ To regularly attend external clinical supervision in accordance with policy and procedures.
▪ To regularly meet with line manager and make them aware of any issues of concern or risk regarding your clients.
▪ To be mindful of the policy of confidentiality when undertaking all duties.
▪ To be willing and able to travel, and to maintain a flexible attitude that will facilitate the capacity to support colleagues at other locations and in other Links Counselling projects as required.
Service Quality and Development
▪ Ensure BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy is adhered to.
▪ Promote quality assurance in the core values of Links Counselling in all areas of work.
▪ Implement monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures to determine client / stakeholder satisfaction levels and service impacts in relation to health and wellbeing indicators.
▪ Work within the parameters of the policies and procedures of the organisation.
▪ Demonstrate commitment to continuous personal and professional development by undertaking appropriate training as required.
▪ To comply with the relevant legislative frameworks relevant to the work.