Mediation Theory & Practice is accredited by the Open College Network NorthernIreland. This course is accredited as a Level 3 course earning 9 credit points. This equates to an NVQ Level 3 or an Advanced Diploma.
The course introduces a basic mediation process for use in a two party dispute or in constructive relationship building.
Participants to this training will work towards achieving the following seven learning outcomes (full learning outcomes table follow):
- Understanding the anatomy of conflict
- Understanding the principles and practice of mediation
- Understanding how, when, why and where to use mediation
- Knowledge, understanding and practice of the 5 stage mediation model
- Practice of co-mediation
- Understanding of mediation referral and administration systems necessary to offer a mediation service
The course runs over a 9 week period, with one day in training each week. The next course dates for 2017 are:
January 24th, 31st
February 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
March 7th, 14th, 21st
Training starts at 9:30am each day and concludes no later than 4:30pm.
The price per person is £875. (Discounts available for multiple bookings)
This price is inclusive of:
- 9 full days of training
- Training Manual
- Support for OCNNI Portfolio completion
- OCNNI Level 3 accreditation and certification
- MediationNorthern Irelandcertification
- Catering during training days