The Health & Safety First Aid at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland 1982) requires employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work.
This course is designed for all persons who are to be employed as first aid providers in the workplace and anybody with an interest in learning First Aid.
This course is HSENI Approved and is for anyone who wants to receive training in emergency first aid. It is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
On successful completion, candidates will receive an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for three years.
- The role of the First Aider
- Preventing Cross-Infection
- Recording Incidents
- Use of available equipment
- Action in an emergency
- Primary and secondary assessment
- Principles of resuscitation
- Disorders of consciousness
- Dealing with unconscious casualty
- Disorders of respiration
- Choking casualty
- Disorders of the circulation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns and scalds/Sprains and strains