DFI - Road Safety & Vehicle Regulation Division
DFI Road Safety & Vehicle Regulation Division
Road Safety & Vehicle Regulation Division is responsible for promoting road safety, training and educating road users, producing the Highway Code and developing policy and legislation.
Road Safety & Vehicle Regulation is responsible for implementing the Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy.
This includes a particular focus on:
- developing policy and legislation for the taxi, freight and bus industries and for vehicle standards;
- regulating the freight industry through the Transport Regulation Unit;
- developing driver policy and legislation;
- commissioning appropriate research;
- reviewing vehicle testing in Northern Ireland;
- commissioning road safety advertising and promoting road safety messages in the media;
- road safety education, to bring road safety messages to children and young people;
- engaging with a wide range of stakeholders;
- providing support to the North-South Ministerial Council transport meetings.