The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff members:
Activity Co-Ordinator REF: 18/182/ACO-TM/WEB
The Activity Co-Ordinator is part of the team whose function is to meet the practical, physical, social and emotional needs of individuals who have learning disabilities and associated needs receiving services within the PBS.
The Activities Coordinator will be responsible for developing, facilitating and coordinating social and community networking opportunities for service users living in Positive Behaviour Support Service - The Mews.
The Activities Coordinator) will provide the highest standard of person centred support and care to people who live at The Mews PBS and will deliver Cedar’s mission of providing quality support, care and accommodation to service users by upholding the organisation’s values of commitment, excellence, diversity, accountability and respect.
The Activities Coordinator will ensure their own actions and behaviour complies with Cedar’s policies and procedures in addition to statutory regulations and quality standards.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £16,912 per annum, pro rata
Contract: 1 Year contract from post commencement with view to permanent
Location: The Mews, West Belfast
- QCF level 2 or equivalent level qualification
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of supporting people with disabilities or other vulnerable individuals to enhance their community engagement
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with behaviours that challenge in community or hospital-based services.
- Experience of using standard office IT applications such as Word, Excel, the internet and e-mail
- Knowledge of supporting individuals in a Supported Living environment.
- Be able to complete Mapa training and refresher on a yearly basis
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment.
This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable applicant who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements in order to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Experience of working with adults with Learning/Physical Disability
- Experience in a Social Inclusion and activity role
- Knowledge of relevant public bodies and community organisations that can support social and community engagement opportunities
Apply online at
Closing Date: Monday 14th December 2018
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER