Project Support Officer-Fixed Term Contact to Sept 2019 (with possibility of extension dependent on funding)
Operational and Admin duties
• Co-ordinate and provide administrative support for heritage tours and talks
• Manage and co-ordinate voluntary workers.
• Handling of takings from tour and talks
• Co-ordinate and provide admin support for events
• To maintain and develop admin management systems to enable the management of information on Membership, Visitors, Clients and others as necessary.
• Assist in the development of new services, projects and training.
• Assist in the organisation of events.
• To carry out all other duties as required by the Board and or Chief Executive.
Marketing and development
• Contribute to and co-ordinate the delivery of a programme of events alongside other conflicting demands on the Heritage Centre.
• Assist in the development of content for all social media and communication channels and input and uploading of the same.
• Contribute to and co-ordinate in the development of content for all marketing materials.
• Co-ordinate the preparation of funding monitoring reports and financial returns e.g. NBEI
• Co-ordinate and monitor all BCS Grants e.g. Barbour Fund
Working conditions: Mainly office based.
ESSENTIAL – Knowledge, skills and experience
• Strong planning and organisational skills.
• Three years’ experience (paid or voluntary) in a busy admin and marketing role.
• Two years’ experience (paid or voluntary) in assisting in the design and development of marketing materials or communications.
• Good literacy and numeracy, at least GCSE C in English and Maths.
• Competency with Microsoft Office and computers, particularly Word and Excel.
• Good verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a small team.
DESIRABLE – Knowledge, skills and experience
• Third level qualification in a relevant subject.
• Experience of working or volunteering within a heritage/visitor attraction.
• Experience of updating websites or writing blog posts.
• A demonstrable interest in heritage.
Clifton House Heritage Centre
2 North Queen Street
2 North Queen Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT15 1EQ
2 North Queen Street
Application is by CV accompanied with a cover letter. Please also complete the Monitoring and Declaration forms.
You can post or email or leave in at Clifton House by hand. Please ensure if you email your application that you receive confirmation that it has reached us.
Please note the closing date for this role is Monday 26th March 2018 at 3pm. The date for interviews is Thursday 5th April 2018 and Friday 6th April 2018.