Finance Business Partner (Temporary)
Belfast Met are seeking to appoint a Finance Business Partner on a full time basis.
Belfast Met is a Non-Departmental Public Body funded by the Department for the Economy.
The Finance Department is integral to the success of the College, supporting operations and influencing the future business strategy to position Belfast Metropolitan College at the forefront of Further Education Delivery.
Services provided by the finance department include:
- Promote, implement and ensure compliance to College policies and procedures
- Preparation of all financial statements and returns in line with statutory requirements
- Payroll function
- Payment of supplier invoices
- Raising of invoices to customers and debt collection
- Procurement function.
The College is currently seeking applications from suitably experienced individuals for the following role-
Finance Business Partner (Temporary) Ref: 2019/010A
The appointment of Finance Business Partner (Band 7) is essential to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective finance function.
The Finance Business Partner will work closely with a number of Departments within the college to assist in financial planning and budgeting throughout the financial year and to assist in developing and monitoring financial plans, budgets and forecasts.
This is a temporary full-time role until 31 December 2020.
What you need:
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
- EITHER Applicants must be qualified with a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) AND have 2 years’ experience in a financial management role within the public sector.
- Applicants must be part qualified* with a recognised accountancy body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) AND have 3 years’ experience in a financial management role within the public sector.
- Experience of financial planning for an organisation with an annual budget exceeding £10m.
- Experience of using and maintaining an integrated computer based accounting system.
- Evidence of a successful track record of preparing financial plans and financial reports to a wide range of stakeholders.
5 years financial management experience in the public sector
Castlereagh Campus, Montgomery Road