2 Day First Aid at Work Refresher Training – HSENI Approved
Health Matters (Health & Safety) Ltd
This course is suitable for all first aiders who are approaching the end of their 3 year certificated period and wish to renew their qualification.
- 6th & 13th Feb 2017
- 24th & 31st Mar 2017
- 19th & 26th May 2017
- 30th Jun & 7th Jul 2017
- 7th & 14th Aug 2017
- 15th & 22nd Sep 2017
- 10th & 17th Nov 2017
- 11th & 12th Dec 2017
Who should attend?
All first aiders who are approaching the end of their 3 year certificated period and wish to renew their qualification.
All subjects covered in the 3-day course are revised and updated and candidates who have been successful in practical and oral assessments will be presented with a certificate, which is valid for an additional 3 years.
Where a certificate has lapsed, it will be necessary for the person to complete a full 3-day first-aid course as per E.M.A.S. regulations.
The subjects covered during this course are as specified by the Health and Safety Regulations (First-Aid) in Northern Ireland, 1982 Approved Code of Practice.
Included in the syllabus are:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoid cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock
On completion of training and if successful in all components of assessment (including written and practical examinations) each student will be issued with a certificate of competency in regard to their ability to deal safely and effectively with first aid emergencies in the workplace.
The certificate for First Aid At work is valid for 3 years from date of issue and update training must be completed before date of expiry of current certification or the full 3 day course will have to be attended again.
HSENI strongly recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training within any 3 years certification period of First Aid At work or Emergency First Aid at Work but this is currently left very much to the discretion of the employer.
Health Matters staff will endeavour to remind all our clients of pending expiry date of certification at least 8 weeks prior to expiry date if you have provided us with a valid email address on the sign in sheets which are signed at the beginning of the course.
Construction companies who are registered with the CITB may be entitles to claim up to 75% grant aid
Any organisations who have a pre arranged contract for this service, please contact us with queries and bookings
Date and Time
Townsend Enterprise Centre
28 Townsend Street