Mencap is the official charity Partner of the 2017 Belfast City Marathon and we are seeking enthusiastic community volunteers from all over Northern Ireland to help out on the day, to man watering stations. We need you to help set up Mencap’s water stations and fill cups of water for all the marvellous runners who will be taking on the challenge. You will play an important part in helping to encourage them towards the finish line.
Mencap will give you a full briefing before the event and give you all the materials you will need.
What skills do you need for this role?
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously
- Accepting of others who might be different to yourself
- Willing to volunteer within guidelines and to take direction where necessary
- Good communication and listening skills.
What days and times do you need to be available?
Monday 1st May 2017, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Your slot will be shorter than this, depending on your location along the route.
What can you expect from Mencap?
- Relevant induction/training
- Mencap t-shirt
- To feel fully supported in your role
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- To feel appreciated and valued for your contribution