Mencap need friendly, approachable and outgoing people to volunteer as team leaders during the 2017 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon.
We need you to help lead a small team of volunteers at various locations along the route, and carry out a range of tasks.
You will also act as a point of contact between Mencap staff and other volunteers.
Mencap will give you a full briefing before the event and give you all the materials you will need.
What skills do you need for this role?
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable and patient
- Interested in others
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously
- Willing to volunteer within guidelines and to take direction where necessary
- Good communication and listening skills
What days and times do you need to be available?
Monday 1st May 2017, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Your slot will be much be shorter than this, depending on your location along the route.
2 references will be required to assess your prior experience in a similar role.
What can you expect from Mencap?
- Relevant induction/trainin
- Mencap t-shirt
- To feel fully supported in your role
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team.
- The opportunity to learn new skill.
- To feel appreciated and valued for your contribution.