What will you be doing in this role?
Mencap need friendly, approachable and outgoing people to volunteer as stewards during the 2017 Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon.
We need you meet and greet Mencap’s marvellous Marathon runners who will be taking on this challenge to raise funds for people with a learning disability. You will also act as a point of information to the general public.
Mencap will give you a full briefing before the event and give you all the materials you will need.
What skills do you need for this role?
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable and patient
- Interested in others
- Able to use initiative and work autonomously
- Accepting of others who might be different to yourself
- Willing to volunteer within guidelines and to take direction where necessary
- Good communication and listening skills.
What days and times do you need to be available?
Monday 1st May 2017, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Your slot will be shorter than this, depending on your location along the route.
What can you expect from Mencap?
- Relevant induction/trainin
- To feel fully supported in your role
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- To feel appreciated and valued for your contrIbution.