- You will make a real difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted people
- Learn new skills that enhance your CV
- Make new friends
- Give something back to your community
What does it involve?
You will be partnered with a visually impaired person for one hour per week for 3 - 6 months. During this time you will:
- guide your partner to take part in social or leisure activities such as walks, going for coffee etc
- help your partner establish lasting relationships with community members who can in turn help them get out more
- work with your partner to achieve clear goals that help them become independant
My Guide is available throughout Northern Ireland.