We are looking for lead volunteers to help in a new services of Macmillan Community Helpers across the Southern Health and Social Care Trust area. There are also some opportunities in Belfast and South Down.
The Community Helper Volunteers can help to make life easier by visiting people affected by cancer regularly and doing housework, shopping or simply by having a chat and listening to how they are feeling. The focus of the Lead Volunteer role is to co-ordinate a group of up to 10 Macmillan volunteers providing support to people affected by cancer. There will be a team of 2-3 lead volunteers.
What activities will I be/ could I be involved in?
- Work with the Macmillan Volunteering Service Manager (VSM) to deliver the service
- Co-ordinate a group of Macmillan volunteers that deliver the Community Helpers scheme that provides practical help and befriending to people affected by cancer
- With support from the VSM recruit and support a small team of volunteers
- Co-ordinate referrals, conduct home visits and match volunteers with service users
- Provide admin support with help from your Macmillan contact
How much time should I offer?
You will need to be able to make a regular commitment and we hope that you will be able to volunteer for at least a year. Ideally you will be able to volunteer between two days and half a day per week depending on the size of the team. Any scheduling would be at your discretion.
To find out more or apply online by going to: