1. To have good knowledge/relevant qualifications/experience of Alcohol and Drug Misuse.
2. To have the ability to provide sessions in a stimulating and therapeutic environment.
3. To have good self-organisation and planning skills, to engage service users in activities.
4. To work with staff and service users to develop and review personal development plans.
5. To develop positive links with a range of community resources, specialist and
6. To provide sessions for service users on an individual one-to-one basis or a group work basis
7. To be flexible and responsive to the needs of individual service users.
8. To be encouraging and supportive, building on service users existing skills.
9. To develop warm and trusting relationships with service users and encourage them to
express their own needs and interests.
10. To respect service user’s right to privacy and ensure that their dignity is maintained at all
11. To enhance the confidence of service users through encouragement and positive feed- back.
12. To encourage service users to make choices and decisions.
13. To follow Health and Safety guidelines carefully and alert the Service Manager
immediately of any concerns in relation to Health and Safety issues.
14. To accept regular support and supervision from line manager.
15. To carry out all work in a manner consistent with the aims of ASCERT and the service
principles adopted by ASCERT Services
16. To maintain confidentiality at all times in accordance with the agreed policy.
17. To comply with and to implement the current equal opportunities policy agreed by ASCERT.
18. To observe any written policies, procedures and guidelines for good practice agreed by
19. Any other duties as required subject to change and review.