Why Work for us?
“At MACS young people are at the heart of what we do. We encourage an interdependent way of living. We see the value in making mistakes. We actively encourage personal and professional development so that our young people and staff can reach their fullest potential”.
Interdependence: MACS recognize that as social creatures, we cannot exist totally independently from others.
Personal Growth and Development: We invest in our staff and young people, challenge their thinking and encourage training to increase skills and knowledge.
Risk Taking and Making Mistakes: Our ethos and belief is that it is OK to make mistakes and by examining what went wrong, we can improve and use the learning.
Self Determination and Autonomy: MACS employ experienced and skilled staff that we trust to make appropriate decisions to work effectively and safely with our young people.
Judging Others: MACS recognizes that judgements are natural, however we ensure that ours are examined and explored in a way that results in a positive outcome for all.
Communication: We have a friendly, relaxed, engaging and warm attitude that fosters positive communication between young people and the organization as a whole.
Trust and Integrity: We earn trust from young people and other professionals by consistently delivering top quality services, underpinned by a core value of trust and integrity.
Involving yourself: MACS welcomes input from all staff and young people and encourages participation in having your say and embracing new opportunities.
How we do things around here..
- No dress code
- You must take a lunch break
- We all eat together when we can
- There is no deference towards managers, we are all equally important in carrying out the work
- We get to know each other
- There are no set times for breaks, as long as you get the work done
- Come up with ideas and we will try to see if they can be implemented
- Make your space your own
- Have a laugh
Attractive Terms and Conditions!
At MACS we value staff work life balance. We offer many Flexible Working Options, Family Friendly Work Arrangements, 30 day + stats leave entitlement, competitive Maternity Leave and Sick Pay Package.
We offer competitive salaries and higher than average pension contributions.
These are just some of the many benefits of working with MACS!
We are Employers for Childcare Family Friendly winners 2015 and 2016. We have attained Investors in People Health and Wellbeing and Silver Awards!
FLOATING SUPPORT, MENTAL HEALTH WORKER BELFAST – FULL TIME, FIXED TERM UNTIL 31st MARCH 2018
This post provides support to Young People in the South Eastern Trust area.
MACS provides mental health support to young people aged 16-25. The worker will support young people who experience low mood, suicidal ideation and self-harm to build resilience, increasing coping strategies and develop support networks. Young people will receive individualized one to one support based on support planning, ongoing reviews and keeping safe where appropriate. Young people can access the service for up to a year.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY POST HOLDER:
• 2 years experience of working with Young people aged 16-25 who have experienced mental ill health
• Degree in Social Work, Youth and Community Work or similar
• 1 years experience of working with Young people aged 16-25 who have experienced mental ill health
• Experience of successfully liaising with a variety of agencies to support Young People to better manage their mental health
• Understanding of Young people who have experienced mental ill health, self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
• Ability to offer support to Young people and Volunteers to set and achieve goals to improve mental health
• Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
• To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
• A full current driving licence and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
Hours of Employment: 35 Hours per week
Salary: £21,388 per annum and pension at 4% of salary
Closing Date: Monday 03rd April 2017 at 09.30am
To obtain an Application Pack please: See attached Application Form and Job Description or alternatively email [email protected] for more information.